- Is your research clinic/ lab prepared in the event that the university must shut down operation due to inclement weather?
- How is your lab data backed up?
- Where will your samples go if you have no electricity for your lab’s freezers?
- Do you need to make arrangements to send your unique animal/ cell line off the island?
- Do you have enough supplies to get the lab back up and running?
- Are you familiar with your department’s Business Continuity Plan?
Hurricane season began June 1 and it is best to prepare before there is a threat in the Gulf. Basic safety protocols for emergency situations and how to prepare in the event of a disaster are on the updated 2020 Emergency Preparedness for Research Clinics and Labs website at:
Since there will be no in-person meeting this year, we encourage you to utilize the website and share it with colleagues.
If you need additional information, please contact Research Education at 409-266-9441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.