Managing Effort Commitment
It is the expectation of UTMB leadership and our sponsors that key personnel on sponsored projects will devote the committed level of effort on projects, or will seek appropriate approval to deviate from the agreed effort.
To help ensure that all faculty and key personnel understand these expectations and what their responsibilities are, Managing Effort Commitment training is required for department-based grant administrators and central administration staff.
These trainings are available in a virtual classroom setting, and staff may enroll in a ession by logging in to Learn and following these steps:
- Log into UTMB Learn (learn.utmb.edu).
- Go to the CATALOG and select RESEARCH. You likely will need to expand the list using the See More feature.
- Click the box by Enrollments and you will see all class dates and times available for Effort Commitment for Administrative Staff. (Note, these enrollments are not in calendar order, so pay attention to all dates available.)
- Click on the title of the class you want to attend. On the next screen, select ENROLL, which you will see on the far right side of the screen.
August class times are:
- Wednesday, August 12, 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 13, 9-10 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 19, Noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 25, 3-4 p.m.
- Thursday, August 27, 9-10 a.m.
You will receive an email the afternoon prior to class with connection link details.
All personnel must complete training by December 31.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.