The Office of Research Advancement (A.K.A. Grants Central) is UTMB wide resource. Our services are provided free to you by the Office of the Provost and Chief Research Officer. Our focus is on providing research development and proposal development support to faculty. This office helps by providing strategic, proactive, catalytic, and capacity-building services designed to facilitate both individual faculty members and teams of researchers. We provide technical and professional support to faculty in the development and writing of research proposals. Our services are meant to supplement, not replace, faculty mentoring. We work with your departmental or center resources to provide the following services.
Grants Central Services
- Idea to fundable project discussions
- Chalk talks
- Identification of funding opportunities
- Proposal training
- Technical, scientific editing of research proposals
- Project recycling
- Coordination of multi-investigator, multi-institutional program project style proposals
- Other research development and proposal-related services as needed
- Tool development
- Grant “concierge” services
- Strategic planning for research proposals
- Resource identification
We specialize in program project, center, research training and educational grants. Please contact us to discuss scheduling our service.