The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) has announced the preannouncement of the FY22 program. This pre-announcement allows investigators time to plan and develop ideas for submission to the anticipated FY22 funding opportunities. This pre-announcement should not be construed as an obligation by the government.
Investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent)
Four Funding Levels with/without Partnering PI options
- Level 1 - Innovative, high-risk/high-reward research that is in the earliest stages of idea development
- Level 2 - Preclinical research that is already supported by substantial preliminary or published data
- Level 2: Population Science and Prevention Studies - With compelling justification, population science and prevention studies may request higher levels of funding and an additional year in the period of performance.
- Funding Level 3 - Advanced translational studies with a high degree of project readiness.
- Funding Level 4 - Large-scale projects that will transform and revolutionize the clinical management and/or prevention of breast cancer.
Era of Hope Scholar Award
Independent, non-mentored investigators within 6 years of their last training position as of the application submission deadline
Supports exceptionally talented, early-career scientists who have demonstrated that they are the “best and brightest” in their fields through extraordinary creativity, vision, innovation, and productivity.
Associate Professor or above (or equivalent)
Supports visionary individuals who have demonstrated exceptional creativity, innovative work, and paradigm-shifting leadership in any field.
Transformative Breast Cancer Consortium Award
Independent investigators at all academic levels (or equivalent)
Supports collaborations and ideas that will transform or improve the lives of individuals with, and/or at risk for, breast cancer and will significantly accelerate progress toward ending breast cancer.
See the press release link for letter of intent and preproposal requirements and funding levels and more information of these proposed funding programs.