The Office of Management and Budget has released M-20-17, “Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) due to Loss of Operations”. The document expands on the previously issued guidance (M-20-11).
The document addresses additional flexibility to grant recipients performing essential research and services necessary to carry out the emergency response related to COVID-19. These flexibilities include:
- Application Deadlines
- Waiver of Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFO) Publications
- No-cost extensions on expiring awards
- Abbreviated non-competitive continuation requests
- Allowability of salaries, project activities and costs not normally chargeable to Awards
- Exemption of certain procurement requirements
- Extension of Close-Out
These exceptions will be issued by the federal sponsoring agency on a case-by-case basis. If you feel that any of the relief listed within the new guidance may apply to you, please contact the Sponsored Project analyst under which your concern falls.