The GCC Innovative Drug Discovery and Development Consortia will host this 8 hour SBIR/STTR workshop in place of their monthly round-table series. Presented by Eva Garland Consulting, the workshop will cover:
1) strategies for identifying and pursuing SBIR/STTR funding opportunities;
2) developing competitive SBIR/STTR grant proposals;
3) understanding the individual proposal components;
4) preparing a budget;
5) special focus on NIH SBIR/STTR grants as well as the nuances of the different NIH Institutes/Centers and Scientific Review Groups;
6) Mock SBIR/STTR review panel; and
7) Post-award review and award process; grants management, compliance, and accounting.
All participants will be will be provided with copies of the book " Winning NIH SBIR/STTR Grants: A Ten Week Plan for Preparing your Phase I Application " and “Winning NIH SBIR/STTR Grants: A Twelve Week Plan for Preparing your Phase II Application” as well as electronic and hard copies of the slide deck and other training materials used during the workshop.
The workshop will take place October 3 from 8-5pm on the Rice Campus in Bioscience Research Collaborative, 6500 Main Street, Room 1003. The subsidized cost to attend is $125 (includes all materials, breakfast, lunch, and parking) and seating is limited to 45, so be sure and register early. Registration.