From the Office of Institutional COmpliance
Per institutional policy, all employees who conduct research activities must submit a disclosure of all financial interests that occurred during calendar year 2018, as well as those that are ongoing, by March 31, 2019.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Click here to log into the UT System web portal.
- Choose “The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your UTMB username and password (the same credentials you use to log into your email or work computer).
- If you have nothing to disclose, you can affirmatively declare that on the page. Click all boxes that apply and click “Report No Activity”
- If you do have something to disclose, you can click either “Request Approval” or “Make New Disclosure” from the options at the top of the screen. See below for more information on navigating these two options.
Request Approval: you should choose this option if you have an outside activity that must be requested per IHOP 6.5.3.
Make New Disclosure: you should make a new disclosure if any of the following apply:
- You received compensation from outside activities such as part-time employment, consulting, speaking engagements, etc. This includes direct payment and reimbursement for travel, lodging and meals.
- You have an ownership interest (including stock) in any organization that could reasonably relate to your employment duties (e.g., healthcare companies, pharmaceutical companies, device manufacturers, imaging centers, etc.)
- You have intellectual property (copyright, patent, etc.) and any right to royalties.
- Gifts exceeding $250 in value that you received in 2018.
Any board service, directorship, or officer
of a non-UTMB organization, if you received compensation.