The Pew Scholars Program and Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research are national funding initiatives designed to support assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. Each award provides $300,000 in flexible support—$75,000 per year for a four-year period.
As the number of submissions from UTMB is limited with only one (1) submission for each funding source. A one-page abstract and an NIH biosketch for the PI will be due to Ericia Huff by COB March 31, 2019.
This year, Pew Biomedical Programs staff will host an informational webinar for institutional nomination committees and potential applicants from the list of participating institutions for each program so that they may learn more about both programs in advance of our summer 2019 call for nominations. We highly encourage you to register for this event, even if your institution has nominated a candidate in the past. Topics covered will include:
- Overview of the Pew Charitable Trusts Mission and Current Work
- Biomedical Funding Opportunities
- Program Eligibility Criteria for both the Pew Scholars and Pew-Stewart Programs
- Similarities and differences between the Scholars and Pew-Stewart programs
- Keys to Selecting a Competitive Candidate
- Application Process Overview and Timeline
There will also be a Q&A session for clarification of any additional questions you may have.
For complete program information visit:
Pew Scholars Program Site
Pew Stewart Program Site
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. ET. In order to join the program, please fill out this registration form.