Small Equipment Pilot Program Instructions and Application Packet (FY2019)
The purpose of the Small Equipment Pilot Program is to support the research programs across all four schools at the UTMB.
Small budget grants of up to $20,000 are available to assist with the purchase and/or maintenance of a lab equipment that will strengthen research programs. It is expected that small equipment grants will support research program of multiple faculty in the parent department or faculty across departments and centers.
We anticipate funding 7-10 grants depending on the requested funds for each grant. Purchase of equipment that will be placed outside the UTMB campus is not eligible.
- Application due date:January 7, 2019
- Anticipated review date:January 28, 2019
- Anticipated award date:January 31, 2019
- The Small Equipment Pilot Program is open to all UTMB Faculty from all Schools at the UTMB. The program is also open to the Directors of the Centers and Cores at the UTMB.
- There is no restriction on the type of research (i.e. basic, clinical, outcomes/health services etc.) for which equipment is requested.
The Small Equipment Pilot Application:
- OSP proposal routing form: An Office of Sponsored Programs Proposal Routing form must accompany all intramural grant applications (copies of this form are available at the OSP web page: http://research.utmb.edu/osp/forms.shtm)
- Detailed information about the equipment or equipment maintenance (Name, model, a valid quote from the supplier, where the equipment is/will be housed, available matching funds if any).
- Potential application(s) of the equipment (max 1/2 page). Example: Funds are requested for purchase and maintenance of a PCR machine that will be used to analyze human samples in clinical setting.
- Justification: Please discuss how the proposed equipment is essential and will strengthen the research projects (max 1 page).
- Name/Title/Department affiliation of users.
- Biosketch of the Principal Investigator submitting the application.
The principal investigator is requested to provide one electronic copy by email to Ms. Ericia Huff (E: email@example.com). Please name your file as Last Name-Small Equipment
- Availability of matching funds and number of users will be reviewed favorably. Grant applicants should explain why other similar type equipment (if available on campus) cannot be used and provide strong justification for the purchase.
- Grants will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the Grant Review Oversight Committee, UTMB.
For information or answers to specific questions, please contact Ericia Huff (O: 409-266-9433, E: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Nisha J Garg (E: email@example.com).