Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) is offering research fellowships (up to $10,000) to self-identified women in any STEM Field. Eligible applicants are women who have received a bachelor’s degree (undergraduate students are not eligible) and are conducting hypothesis-driven research in any STEM field. Applicants do not need to be U.S. citizens. Prior winners have included graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and early career faculty members. Fellowship applications are due Jan. 12, 2018.
UTMB will cover the application fee for up to five (5) qualified applicants.
Click here for fellowship details.
- Awards will be made to women holding a degree from a recognized institution of higher learning, of outstanding ability and promise in research, who are performing hypothesis-driven research at any institution in the U.S. or abroad.
- Career level (e.g. graduate student vs. assistant professor) of the candidate will be taken into consideration when reviewing the proposals.
- Awards will be made irrespective of race, religion, nationality, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
- Application for the GWIS Fellowships is offered at no cost to current GWIS members, as a member benefit. For non-members, an application processing fee of $50 is required. Fellowships applicants that are not already GWIS members may join GWIS with a 1-year introductory membership at a discounted rate of $40 (click here to join). Please note that membership approval can take up to 48 hours, so if you want to become a GWIS member, please do so (ideally) at least a week before the Fellowships deadline.
- Financial need of research funding is a requirement for the application. No project that has already been fully funded will be eligible for the awards. All pending funding sources must be listed in the application and reviewers will consider these when assessing the financial need of the project.