Apologies if you have received this information already, but we are trying to make sure EVERYONE affected knows prior to loss of electricity
A reminder for tonight’s shutdown activity, please read this email carefully.
The electric power service provider, CenterPoint Energy, have reported a malfunction at their electric power vault that feeds the Medical Research Building M-59, the Basic Science Building M-54, and Levin Hall M-55. CenterPoint Energy will need to perform urgent repairs tomorrow Wednesday November 29, 2017 starting at 7:00pm. Repair works are expected to last for approximately 4 hours.
CenterPoint shutdown will affect the entire Basic Science Building, Levin Hall, and half of the Medical Research Building:
- Property Services will operate the emergency power generators to provide power supply to all critical loads.
- Property Services will operate the “tie breakers” that should allow us to provide normal power supply to some or all affected facilities during this shutdown period. However, this highly depends on available power capacity and building power usage. Non-critical loads may need to be shutdown for the duration of this repair works.
How to prepare for this shutdown:
- Turn off all non-critical equipment: this may include non-critical research equipment, computers, etc.
- Turn off office and/or lab lighting before leaving for the day tomorrow.
- Make sure all critical equipment are plugged into red plugs (red receptacles). DO NOT overload red receptacles.
Please let us know should you have any question or concern. The official SBAR is provided below.
We are constantly updating our contact list. If we have missed anyone, please forward. Please notify us if you would like to be removed from this notification.
Maintenance Customer Service Manager
Research & Academic Property Services - Business Operations & Facilities
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd., Galveston, TX 77555
(713) 447-5066 Cell
(409) 747-2224 Office