Through the STARR Quarterly Employee Recognition program, the Research Enterprise recognizes those employees who exhibit exemplary professional behavior and commitment to teamwork and improvement in their daily activities.
This Employee Recognition program is designed to support the guiding principles of UTMB’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Putting the needs and interests of others above your own through communication, accountability, compassion, integrity and respect
Working together to work wonders
Embracing change, improving performance and continuing to learn
The criteria for the STARR Employee of the Quarter award shall be based on exemplary and outstanding performance, professionalism, and teamwork.
- All nominations for the STARR Employee of the Quarter are valid only for that quarter.
- An employee may be named Employee of the Quarter only once during a two-year period.
- A nominee must be a classified employee or non-tenure track faculty member whose primary responsibilities are related to research and with a minimum of six months’ service and in good standing within their department.
- Both permanent part- and full-time staff members may be nominated. Members of the Chief Research Office and the Vice Chairs for Research comprise the Award Selection Committee and, as such, are not eligible for this program.
- The Award Selection Committee shall retain complete responsibility for selecting each STARR Employee of the Quarter.
- Any member of the research community may submit nominations for the STARR Employee of the Quarter.
- All nominations shall be made on the official Employee of the Quarter web form and must be received by the Award Selection Committee by the following dates:
All nominations shall be signed by the nominator and shall include responses to all questions on the form.
Nominations shall be based on the following criteria:
- Exhibits knowledge, expertise, dedication, and enthusiasm within the work environment.
- Exhibits a spirit of service to others.
- Volunteers for, and works on, special projects and performs other extra duties beyond those normally assigned.
- Makes creative suggestions that advances the research.
- Maintains a spirit of professionalism at all times.
RECOGNITION OF EMPLOYEE OF THE QUARTER
Each quarterly STARR recipient shall be announced at the Research Quarterly Update meeting immediately following the nomination deadline date. In addition, each quarterly STARR recipient shall receive a recognition certificate along with a $50 gift card from the recipient’s choice of Google, Amazon, Apple, or Target.
Each year, at the August Research Quarterly Update, the four quarterly STARR employees from the previous year will be recognized. In addition, these four STARR employees will be photographed as a group, and their photo displayed on the Chief Research Officer’s Wall of Honor.
AWARD PROGRAM SUPPORT
Support for this program is provided by the Chief Research Office and Research Services.