Enhancements to Peer Review
- 12/22/2010: New R01 application samples from NIAID using the new, restructured application format.
- 7/26/2010: The Tegrity recording of panel discussion at UTMB, “New Grantsmanship at NIH—How Is It Going?”, (7/22/2010) is available at: http://tegr.it/y/w97.
- 7/23/2010: New NIH Policy on Post-Submission Application Materials
- National Institutes of Health has announced that the new NIH policy on post-submission grant application materials (NOT-OD-10-070; NOT-OD-10-104) will be effective for applications submitted for the September 25, 2010 receipt date and thereafter. The NIH Best Practice Guidelines for Accepting Additional Grant Application Materials (Revised 03/19/2010) will be rescinded at that time. This policy does not modify the existing Just-In-Time requirements or any other requests for additional information after the initial peer review.
- 7/8/2010: "Peer" Inside a Study Section
- NIH's Center for Scientific Review has produced a pair of videos to give you an inside look at how scientists from across the country review NIH grant applications for scientific and technical merit.
- New and established applicants will find insights and understanding that can empower them to improve their applications and increase their chances for receiving a more positive review.
- View the videos: http://www.csr.nih.gov/video/video.asp
- 5/13/2010: New resource for reviewers --but useful for applicants too:
4/1/2010: links to some new resources regarding the Enhancing Peer Review initiative:
- NIH policy notice amending the policy on submission of late grant application materials in light of Enhancing Peer Review page limits: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-10-070.html
- Nexus article: Successful transition to new application formats
- Nexus article: Structuring the Research Strategy section of your application
- Details of application changes for Fellowships
- 3/7/2010: links to some new resources that you may have missed:
- NIH policy notice clarifying the Format of the Research Strategy Section for Restructured Applications
- PowerPoint presentation of answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Application Changes
- Nexus article: Resubmitting? Shorter Page Limits Apply to You, Too!
- Nexus article: ‘Overall Impact’ is Distinct from the Review Criterion ‘Significance'
- Overall Impact versus Significance document
- Find your study section
- Guidelines for reviewers: difference between impact and significance:
- Reviewers guidelines
- NIH Peer Review Revealed - Provides a front-row seat to a review peer review meeting.
- NIH Tips for Applicants - Gives applicants practical advice and insights.
- NIGMS Blog
- More on Criterion Scores
- NIH Enhancing Peer Review
- Shortened and restructured application forms and instructions
- Watch the Web Video on Major Application Changes!
- Sign up for the NIH Enhancing Peer Review LISTSERV to stay informed!
- Scoring System and Procedures for reviewers (pdf)
- Review Criteria at a Glance for reviewers (pdf)
(DHHS F&A Rate Agreement, Legal name, Tax status, EIN, etc.)