Welcome to Research Services at UTMB
I want to direct you to the recently released The Road Ahead-Institutional Vision 2012-2015 for UTMB. It establishes research as one of the eight pillars essential to the success of UTMB's mission, to improve health for the people of Texas and around the world. It also cites the goals for the Research Enterprise in the next three years. They are:
- Update our research strategic plan, focusing on leveraging our strengths and opportunities to raise our NIH rankings and increase research funding.
- Grow collaborative research partnerships to expand our capacity for multidisciplinary research.
- Improve the infrastructure that ensures high-quality research and outcomes.
- Optimize the management of research space.
- Support and promote technology transfer and commercialization of research discoveries.
In addition, I want to call your attention to two other cited pillars of success in that document --people and quality. It is not any wonder that these appear at the top of the list. There exists immense talent in Research Services. I am blessed with outstanding Directors and Managers and they are made to look great by our staff. To continue on this road, we will all examine the pathway for maximizing our potential for growth, personal satisfaction and achievement at UTMB as we work hand in hand to reach the goals set out for us.
Jim Mahon, PhD
Interim Executive Director for Research Services
Working together to work wonders.™
Alphabetical listing of Research Services directors, managers and staff.
4.400 Rebecca Sealy Hospital
Other Campus buildings
Other Pertinent Information
(Legal name, tax status, EIN, etc.)
Roles & Responsibilities
Searchable database of institution-wide roles and responsibilities as they relate to research